Roller Shutter Doors: A Comprehensive Guide for Efficiency and Security
Tue, Nov 28, 2023
As a leading national provider of industrial door solutions, we’re here to introduce you to everything you need to know about roller shutter doors.
In this guide, we break down everything there is to know about roller shutter doors covering everything from the various types available to their applications, advantages and disadvantages, security features and everything in between! Whether you’re replacing existing roller shutters or are investing in a brand new solution, we’ve got everything you need to know to make the best possible decision for your business!
Types of Roller Shutter Doors
As with every industrial door, there are a number of options that can ensure the roller shutters you choose are the perfect fit for you and your needs. The most important options to choose from are:
- Manual Vs Automatic: Depending on your unique application, you’ll need to choose between manually or electronically operated roller shutter doors. Both options are great for different purposes but if operating within a busy industrial plant, manufacturing facility or loading bay, electronically operated roller shutters provide a superior choice thanks to their rapid, remote operation.
- Bespoke Options: Roller shutter does come with many additional options including fire resistance and insulation. Depending on where your roller shutters will be installed and the type of operations taking place in the facility, you will need to choose whether or not these options are important to you.
Applications of Roller Shutter Doors
Roller shutters offer an entrance solution for a diverse range of applications including:
- Industrial premises: Roller shutters are a necessity in many industrial settings such as factories, warehouses, manufacturing plants and distribution facilities thanks to their superior security and optimal functionality. Roller shutters can be seamlessly integrated into a diverse range of settings, making them an extremely popular choice for many industrial premises.
- Retail and commercial: In retail environments and commercial premises such as offices or storefronts, roller shutters are an excellent choice for enhancing security during non-operating hours and safeguarding valuable goods that are often left unattended overnight. Offering exceptional security benefits alongside ease of operation and rapid installation, it’s no wonder that they’re an integral part of standard retail security systems.
Advantages of Roller Shutter Doors
Roller shutters offer a range of fantastic advantages including:
- Robust Security Features: Our roller shutter doors ensure superior security against intruders and prevent unauthorised access to your premises.
- Energy Efficiency: Insulation ensures that roller shutters contribute to the energy efficiency of your premises by helping to regulate heat loss.
- Space Optimisation: Vertical operation maximises the space within your premises and ensure the roller shutters themselves don’t take up valuable space. As a result, enhancing operational efficiency and productivity.
- Cost-Effective Security Solution: Roller shutters offer a unique advantage compared to other security solutions as they are relatively cost-effective to install and maintain.
- Same-Day Installation: At Cheshire Industrial Doors, we can install your roller shutters on the same day!
And there we have it! Our complete guide to roller shutter doors. If you have any questions, need further assistance or want to book an installation, don’t hesitate to get in touch.