Roller Shutters Vs Sectional Doors: Which Is Best?
Tue, Dec 19, 2023
Roller shutter doors and sectional doors are both fantastic options for improving the security of your industrial premises.
If you’re looking for a new door but don’t know your roller doors from your sectionals, we’re here to provide everything you need to know to make the best decision for your business. We’ll guide you through the differences between roller shutters and sectional overhead doors, highlighting the key advantages and optional features as we go. Without further ado, let’s dive straight in!
What are roller shutter doors?
Predominantly used in industrial and commercial applications such as manufacturing plants, distribution facilities or retail stores, roller shutter doors provide a fantastic solution for increasing the security of a property, at a minimal cost. Put simply, roller shutter doors consist of numerous horizontal slats that close by rolling around a barrel. While they do require more space than sectional overhead doors, they are an extremely cost-effective and timely solution for those who need to implement a security measure, without heavy investment and lots of time.
Benefits of roller shutter doors
Roller shutter doors offer many advantages for industrial premises, the main benefits are:
- Excellent strength and durability
- Fantastic security and safety barrier
- Great weather resistance
- Wind resistant up to 100 km/h
- Same-day installation
- Cost-effective security solution
- Professional appearance & visual deterrent
Optional features for roller shutters
At Cheshire Industrial Doors, we offer a range of optional extras for our roller shutters, so you can ensure your doors meet your exact requirements. Whether you’re looking for fire resistance, electronic control or insulated doors, we’ve got you covered:
- Fire resistant roller shutters: Tested to BS476 Part 22 and provides up to 240 minutes of fire protection.
- Manual or electronic operation: Depending on your requirements.
- Insulated roller shutters: To improve energy efficiency and maintain a consistent temperature.
What are sectional overhead doors?
Sectional overhead doors are a robust and durable solution most suited to industrial applications. An excellent choice for businesses who require protection against adverse weather conditions, sectional overhead doors are a brilliant space-saving solution for all kinds of industrial facilities. In contrast to roller shutters, they are comprised of numerous panels that lift vertically and roll under until the door is open. While they are more of an investment than roller shutters, they are extremely durable, reliable and a fantastic security solution for premises that are limited by space.
Benefits of sectional doors
Our sectional doors are equipped with a range of safety features as standard and ensure exceptional performance. Benefits of sectional doors include:
- Space-saving entrance system that maximises loading space
- Exceptional strength and durability
- Superior security and intruder prevention
- Fantastic weather resistance
- Advanced safety features including finger trap prevention
Optional features for sectional doors
We offer a range of optional features for our sectional doors, so you can ensure they meet your unique requirements:
- Vertical or high-lift operation: High-lift will maximise headroom within your space
- Manual or electronic operation
- A range of plastisol colours to choose from
- Vision panels for improve visibility
- Automated access
- Personnel doors
Which is better?
Whether you decide to opt for roller shutter doors or sectional doors is largely depending on your budget, unique application and the priorities for your security system. If you are looking for a cost-effective solution with rapid installation, we would highly recommend going for roller shutter doors. However, if you are short on space, need to maximise headroom, sectional doors are most likely to be your best bet!
If you need a helping hand, we’re always here to guide you in the right direction!